market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Transporting Produce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Transporting Produce
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 09:48:36 -0400

Both of my vegetable co-ops have ice houses, we just go in and take what we
need
and sign in telling what we took. It was mandatory when I shipped broccoli.
Ice
comes in 20x20" cubes weighs a ton, we have to break them up at the farm. The
biggest challenge is getting them home on a 90 degree day on the back of an
open
pickup. I always see Mexicans who never saw ice put them on the backs of
trucks
and just drive down the road not knowing how slippery ice can get...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.