market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Transporting Produce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: mf AT austinfarm.org
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Transporting Produce
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 05:18:46 -0500

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 10:05:54PM -0600, Elaine Granata wrote:
> Allan: I make my own cubes .. .. if I remember to plan ahead enough. I
> don't keep the drain open; as the ice melts it leaves a nice layer of cold
> water. With lettuce I "burned " it once by letting the ice contact the
> produce, but spinach and radishes do fine. I'm finding I'm happier with

I use frozen water filled 2L grape/apple juice plastic jugs in ice
chests. I find the the ice will burn much of what I put on ice,
including spinach and asparagus. I either let the jugs start melting
before I put them in chests or I wrap them in newspaper or cloth.

--
Willie, ashamed that dixie chicks are from Austin
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html