market-farming - [Market-farming] unsavory competition (better Rose? ; )))

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] unsavory competition (better Rose? ; )))
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 10:13:00 -0400

Hillsville/Wytheville are on the schedule for next Sat. Piedmont Triad,
Raleigh, Winston Salem are the ones I'm talking about which sell the cheap
bouquets.

Carrboro is the best market so far, by a large margin...strictly grower only
(enforced), very high quality, wide selection, attractive mix of
growers/artists/bakery/etc, nicely set-up both for customers and sellers.
The market is well marked from the streets leading to the market with signs
specifying parking locations and hours, very important info for new
customers.

Piedmont Triad isn't bad, though I suspect resellers. The market is adamant
about being grower only. I think that may depend (unofficially) in which
building you sell. They do have commercial hort/veggie/fruit wholesalers in
well marked buildings, apart from the farmers.

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm
Westfield NC
http://www.marketfarming.com