market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] foreign invasion

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: J M Moser <joma AT skybest.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] foreign invasion
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 09:45:36 -0400

Liz,

Which markets have you visited in our area and what have your impressions
been? Many of the area markets I'm aware don't allow resellers, although I
don't how well that's enforced. Like you I would have been somewhat
suspicious. First because of the low prices and secondly while there is a
large Hispanic population in our area I've not seen evidence of an Asian
presence at all. However if they were there and playing by the rules, good
for them.

Have you visited or heard anything about farmers markets in either
Hillsville or Wytheville, Virginia? I've heard rumors of good sized markets
in both places but can't pin down any definite info.

John M. Moser
Fleetwood, NC