market-farming - [Market-farming] Pricing for Direct Sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Pricing for Direct Sales
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 05:30:58 -0400

Good Morning, friends!

I hate to admit it, but I still have a lot of trouble pricing direct sale items. This probably sounds strange to those of you who are spending hours in markets each week, but as a CSA farmer, I just don't get to town very often, so it's hard to keep touch with what's going on.

Case in point: right now I need to price bunches of arugula and bags of watercress mizuna and tatsoi. (Sold individually.)

I'd love to hear how you are pricing these items right now. More to the point, however, I'd like to hear what resources you would use to determine your pricing if you were as isolated as I am.

Thanks

-Allan Balliett
the Plains, VA