market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] blossom end rot

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Dcimmarr AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] blossom end rot
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 15:27:20 EDT

Yes, I agree with the conversation about blossom end rot and San Marzano. I've grown many different varieties and San Marzano is problematic with BER, every year except for last year. I think this variety really needs a constant and regular watering schedule, more so than any other variety.....and even with that effort, it is still prone to it moreso than any other variety I've grown.
    The Pricipie Borhese is a good tomato....on the small side but perfect for drying. In Italy, it is THE drying tomato. This tomato is a heavy producer too. Amish paste is also a good tomato.

Denise Cimmarrusti
Master Gardener
University of Illinois Extension
Kane County