market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Spanish Speaking Workers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: cheryl rogowski <cebulacebula AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Spanish Speaking Workers
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:20:16 -0800 (PST)

We have worked with Spanish speaking employees for generations on our farm.  Last year I became a trained tutor with the Literacy Volunteers of America.  In exchange for my time in attending the classes I was able to bring 5 tutors to my farm for 9 of my employees for FREE.  The workers are divided into groups depending on their level of proficiency, they are learning to speak, read and write english.  Four of these workers are now key members of our sales staff.  The program has been wonderful.  Following is a link to the main web site for LVA.  Your local library might have connections to groups near you.

http://www.literacyvolunteers.org/home/

Good Luck

Cheryl

Do you Yahoo!?