market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Spanish Speaking Workers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Spanish Speaking Workers
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:03:47 -0600

Our community college offers courses for people who work with Spanish
speaking employees. You might look into that. It would give you a basic
working vocabulary and an understanding of the language structure.

Don't assume that because they are from Mexico they don't speak any English.
My Ex thought that about his Mexican workers but it wasn't generally true.
Many Mexicans are bi-lingual to a certain extent. How do you think they
manage to find jobs here, get a driver's license?

I would think that you might think a bit on cultural differences.

Look into your county organizations that assist migrants. They might offer
you some assistance in this area.