market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Cold and Clear and the Stars too, somewhat OT

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org (Market Farming)
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Cold and Clear and the Stars too, somewhat OT
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:30:53 -0500

About three weeks ago I got to see Saturn and M1 the Crab Nebula in the same
low power field through the scope, a very rare site.
>Recently, when it was at least slight warmer, we scoped Saturn and actually
>did get it in the field for a few seconds before a kind of haze blocked the
>sky.
Last year was a great year for auroras with the sun very active but we seldom
see much of them at 39* latitude.
With the help of the IDA we managed to get a car dealer to change their
lighting, a small victory in a light polluted state...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

http://webmail.netscape.com/
From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Cold and Clear and the Stars too, somewhat O
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:38:14 -0600

Amen, amen and amen! The farm next to us was sold to a developer who
"developed" a trailer park - and every one of them has one of those horrible
lights. No longer can we even see more than the brightest stars. And, you
forgot, they also all have:

1. dogs they let run loose because they're "in the country" (and they chase
cows)
2. plinking at targets backed up to your property - without any backstop
("they never miss")
3. throwing garbage over the fence into our pasture to get rid of it
4. using our farm as recreational space for themselves, four-wheelers, dogs
and kids

Alison in SC KY (I sure wish they'd all go back to town, or that we could
afford about 1000 acres in the most remote part of the area)

From: "marc" <marc AT aculink.net>
To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:57:58 -0700

The city locusts come out all the time to explore the backwoods and simply
tear down fences or leave open gates to avail themselves of the "wide open
spaces" A few more peeves:

1. dumping off dogs they want to abandon.
2. having beer busts in our pasture with load stereo's.
3. getting angry when we shoot their dogs.
4. getting stuck in our irrigation ditches.
5. having sex in our driveway.