market-farming - [Market-farming] Okra

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Okra
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:35:21 -0600

I forgot to tell you, the only complaint we had with our CSA was that I
gave them too much okra, until I gave them that recipe. Then they
couldn't get enough. I line the pods up on a cutting board and slice
several at a time with a chef's knife to make prep go faster. Oh, and
the other thing, harvest the pods when they're small. If they get too
big, let them dry for flower arrangements because they won't be fit to
eat. (The tip about drying okra pods is from Linda Chapman-Dale, a
flower grower lurker on this list). Hi Linda!

OK, Marie... I'll give it a go. Anything with garlic is worth a try.

: )
Del