market-farming - [Market-farming] Green bean varieties

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Baruch Bashan <baruchbashan AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Green bean varieties
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:07:17 -0800 (PST)

02.11.03

Marie in Missouri recently asked for favorite green
beans, so I'm motivated to make my first post to this
list.

I've been growing Jade variety of bush green beans
almost exclusively, for the last 6 years. No matter
how old and large they get, they remain crisp and
tasty. Another great aspect about this variety is
their longevity. Here in Zone 8, I usually get 3-4
months of bountiful harvests.

Hope this helps,

=====
Baruch Bashan