market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Green bean varieties

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Green bean varieties
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:23:27 -0600

Regards to the list:

I am glad to hear from all of you about your favorite beans. Glad to
have your first post Baruch. Welcome to the list! Looks like I will
have to plant lots of varieties this year to check them all out. Green
beans is the only green vegetable my two sons will eat, so I can lots
and lots of them every year that I have enough. When the beans are
ready we pick a couple of buckets of them, then sit out in the swing and
snap them. We have a Tupperware container just the right size for a
canner full of quart jars. Some evenings, we do two or three canners.
We do this every evening until I'm so sick of them that I don't ever
want to see another green bean as long as I live. Some evenings, we do
two or three canners. By the next summer, I have forgotten about how
sick of them I get.

Marie in Missouri