market-farming - ADMIN: Re: [Market-farming] discussion threads off topic?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: ADMIN: Re: [Market-farming] discussion threads off topic?
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:24:36 -0500

It's winter folks. Time for socializing (& wrangling ; )) among list
members. Give it another month and topics will be back on growing and post
numbers will dwindle drastically.

There's no need for separate lists. Farming philosophy/politics and growing
techniques are part and parcel to making a living in agriculture, hard to
separate. If you want to stop a thread, ask a question.

I won't moderate this list. I only moderate new subscribes for the first 10
posts to prevent spamming. There's nothing like moderation to throttle a
list and I hate censorship. Threads naturally play themselves out or list
members will police themselves & each other. It usually happens when the
threads get too numerous or hot, lurkers speak up, and bring out other
topics to discuss, which is exactly what has happened. Many more topics are
now being
discussed as a result.

Farmers are passionate by nature which can't be helped but be reflected in
posts, especially now at the starting gate of a new season. Just try to be
a bit more polite ; )).

And fwiw, we've only had 4 unsubs in the past 2 weeks...3 from
non-farmers/hobbyists.

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm
Westfield NC