market-farming - [Market-farming] discussion threads off topic?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Paul Bucciaglia <pbucciaglia AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] discussion threads off topic?
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 14:21:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

I wonder if some of the threads on this list wouldn't be more appropriate on a 'sustainable ag' or 'organic ag' message board.  I'm trying to set up a farm on my own, and I thought when I signed up that this list would be a great way to hear how other small farmer are doing things.  I've found the threads on market farming techniques and farmers markets very interesting, and even got some answers to a few questions I had (thanks to those who responded with info on refrigeration).  However, when there are 10 Dennis Avery posts (what great flame-bait!) to every one market farm post, I think that people who want to discuss market farm topics will get turned off and quit reading the list as its hard to sift through it all, which is too bad because I think this is forum has a lot of potential to trade useful information.   Please note that I  think these are good discussion to have, they're just not in the right discussion group.

Ok, now I have to go figure out how to wire my furnace in the greenhouse, finish my seed order, fix the radiator and the rockshaft on 2 tractors, plan for a deer fence, get an irrigation plan, figure out the the farmer tax stuff, call some more marketing contacts........

Paul

Fort Hill Farm

Do you Yahoo!?