market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] advertising--question for Jay

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] advertising--question for Jay
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:31:38 -0600

I think, Rick W.

you have this problem with "local" totally understood.

I'm with you on that.

I simply wish in my own ridiculous heart of hearts, that you folks would get
solvent. And market.

I can't buy grass fed beef where I live, as far as I know. I don't mind
supporting 4-H lamb production at all. I'd rather support food production
that I can not do and that is in line with my values about food production.

Boo hoo for me too.

Do you realize that I have to go meatless? Not because of money but because
I can not justify buying and eating the meat that is available to me?

I won't do it.

And I don't need to. I fix plenty of vegetarian and vegan meals here even
though sooner or later I feel that we have to have some meat ... non vegan
aspects in our diet. That sucks.

I have little choice locally.

And I would find it impossible to raise my own cattle.

What a shame but this is the dilemma of a lot of your potential market.

Your kind should find a way. I can't move to Wisconsin... I can't even
drive up to your farm or I'd kick your butt in person.

Simply. Find a way. Move beyond that local vision of 20 miles.

It's what you have done well in putting together your operation. Isn't it?

Gee you meat producers and shippers, show me a catalog and I will show you
a market.

Del