market-farming - [Market-farming] Market Manger and grants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carol Larsen" <sunborn AT mhtc.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Market Manger and grants
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:33:14 -0600

This will be the first year the Dane County Farmer Market will have a
full time Market Manager. We're looking at this because we just recently
went to trying to be a year round market. Previously we had 4/5 to 3/4
time managers. The Market Manager is paid from stall fees. If there were
grants for our market in the past I do not know about them. We do offer
health insurance. Our accountant takes care of the tax issues.
Last year a new market was opened on the south side of town and I know
that they applied for an received a grant for start up expenses and
salary. The granting agency was a county Ag Enterprise Grant with some
funds from a block grant, I think federal... not sure. The start up
market received 12,700.00. The grant was awarded to Cheryl Wade If you
want to contact me off the list I can give you her phone number.

Carol Larsen
Sunborn Gardens

  • [Market-farming] Market Manger and grants, Carol Larsen, 02/07/2003