market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Leigh Hauter: claim that poultry are being fed homones

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Leigh Hauter: claim that poultry are being fed homones
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:40:47 -0800 (PST)

Bob wrote:

>About a year ago I got the answer direct form Jim Perdue himself, the CEO of
>Perdue
>Inc the second largest poultry producer in the US. he said no hormones are
>used in
>their poultry, they are working towards no antibiotics as well...

I am not calling Jim Perdue a liar.

I can only say that if you had asked Ken Lay
about Enron a year before its collapse, he
would have told you everything was rosy.

Unless you are inside someone else's
operation, the only way to testify as to
its production practices are through
scientific testing, if indeed tests would
reveal the use of hormones....

My $ 0.02

Jay Gee
not a farmer - but interested in farming