market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Making money from farming

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Making money from farming
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:58:26 EST

In a message dated 1/28/03 6:17:35 PM Central Standard Time, fullcirclefarm AT msn.com writes:

This is an interesting question to me.  It is not totally clear to me that
the people who are operating at a larger scale with more paid help are
actually taking any more home at the end of the day than those of us who
operate at a smaller scale.  More money going in, but more money going out
as well.

Katherine
We have finally gave up trying to hire help for the gardens, just can't find anyone who will even keep up with us old folks.  When I really get in a bind to get things picked I have found a shelter in the city that always has some willing helpers so I take the van to town and get load, pick and take them back and pay the shelter with produce.

Phil from Iowa