market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] cherry tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: "'market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] cherry tomatoes
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:39:42 -0600

We plant several varieties in the row. And, we pick together, one person on
each side of the row. We really don't pick under-ripe. That's why we use
the smaller buckets - so there isn't as much weight. And, we don't pick
them totally full. We use :
Sungold
Sweet Chelsea - red
yellow pear
chiquita - pink grape
green grape
a red grape - the variety escapes me
Dr. Carolyn - white (lt yellow) heirloom

And, usually a few others we are trialing.

We would like a good yellow - between Dr. Carolyn and Sungold. We'd also
like a good pink round. We don't like the larger ones - they're a little
large for "one bite". Any suggestions anyone?

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm