market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] cherry tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] cherry tomatoes
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 13:28:52 -0500

Picking tomatoes later in the day helps reduce cracking alot. I have noticed
as I pick from early morning that fruit cracks gradually go down after 10AM
and by afternoon there are few cracks, clearly plants need to wilt alittle
drawing excess moisture from fruit. New evidence that foliar boron sprays
seem to reduce cracking too..Bob.

http://webmail.netscape.com/