market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] cherry tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] cherry tomatoes
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:14:03 -0500

Never put tomatoes or peppers in water that is cooler than the fruit, fruit
will absorb cool water but will not absorb water at or above fruit temp. This
is important when washing fruit because any bacterial pathogen like soft rot
would be asorbed by the fruit and rot in shipment...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ

http://webmail.netscape.com/