market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] fall crop questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] fall crop questions
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:04:12 -0500

Where is Stuart, VA? Are you in the valley? I'm just outside of DC and our last killing frost is usually mid to early April.
Do you mean shares as in a CSA? if so...
Our season runs less than 20 weeks and we try to offer at least 8 different vegetables each week. I wish I could say how much of each to plant but it's gotten to be like my wife's cooking. Some of this and some of that and somehow it works out right. From experience, I guess I know what to expect from each crop and about how much of each vegetable per week people are happy with. Maybe I should write that down in case my son ever wanted to take over. I have lists on our webpage of what vegetables people got each week for the past several years.
--