market-farming - Funding

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Debbie Ferrell" <debbieferrell AT our-town.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Funding
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 08:16:03 -0800

This a a little off topic from the kind of farming that ya'll do.  I lurk here to get tips on how I can do things better with our home garden!  We don't market farm produce, and generally just share our "extra" with people in our community.  Course, they come and help with weeding and things like that, so I like that part!
We found a ready to go goat dairy, and now have to come up with funding to purchase the place, but because my husband got ill, and then we had to spend 19 months to get him on disability, there is no way we can get any kind of "conventional" funding.
I did locate the FSA website, and looked at their 2 programs and plan to find out more.  Anyone have any ideas where else I can check for possible funding?
Thanks in advance,
Debbie Ferrell
Tori's Toy Farm
Registered Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats
Registered LaMancha & mini-Mancha Dairy Goats
Dublin, Texas
debbieferrell AT our-town.com