market-farming - Funding

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Funding
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 09:30:58 -0500

Debbie wrote:
We found a ready to go goat dairy, and now have to come up with funding to purchase the place, but because my husband got ill, and then we had to spend 19 months to get him on disability, there is no way we can get any kind of "conventional" funding.

Talk to your state senator/state rep about what you want to do.  Here in PA, we have low-cost loans for first-time farmers -- you might have something similar in Texas.

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of
St. John's United Church of Christ, 315 Gay Street, Phoenixville, PA  19460