market-farming - Re: Coop problems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Coop problems
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 16:03:16 -0500

one thing about paul and barb, it is very easy to know their demonizing type
approach toward anyone who they feel is not doing it "their way."

Hopefully, a more reasoned approach might come forward, as suggested by some
on this list, where you find common ground. This is generally in the middle
as I have mentioned before. When you get too far to the extremes, you
marginalize yourself with too many people and can not come to a common
solution. All you have is continued polarization.

> To those profiting off the losses of millions of rural families, to
> gentlemen farmers and absentee landlords, I'm sure the "system" must look
> pretty good. As for the hubris and unthinking boast that "there is no
> other that is better in human history", it simply shows a lack of
> education
> in the history of agriculture and social history.

When you folks come up with a better system, then maybe you can begin your
quest to change the society to your "way of thinking." But just continuing
to demonize people and institutions is not going to be effective.

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Misty Ridge Farm
Dairy heifers and dairy beef graziers