market-farming - Re: time savers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: time savers
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 12:10:56 -0500

I entertained myself... the first year I planted it was all experimental, in
the sense that I had never tried to plant, maintain and harvest that much
before.

One must never plan to have too much fun while one is starting out.

Anyway, I planted what I ended up calling vegetable rooms.

I came up with this giving someone a tour... and found myself saying... now
this is the tomato room... and this is the lettuce room. Over here, is the
lettuce room. LOL.

The dumbest thing I did that year was plant all the peppers... sweet or
hot... in the pepper room. Well, I got some incredibly hot peppers that
aren't normally supposed to be that way because the peppers... well you know
how promiscuous they are... yes, it was a hot time in the pepper room by the
end of the season.

It was the last year I planted in 'rooms' and I segregated the peppers after
that.

Del Williams
Clifton IL

  • time savers, Liz Pike, 10/19/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: time savers, Del Williams, 10/19/2002
    • Re: time savers, Ken Bezilla, 10/19/2002