market-farming - Organic cost pre and post NOP

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Organic cost pre and post NOP
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:32:09 -0500

Del Williams wrote:
> It just created a massive bureaucracy that, in effect, will put small
> growers out of business. The very same small growers who kept
> that "organic
> movement" going.

One thing that is not clear to me is what really changed all that much from
the cost of the organic certification programs from before the NOP to after?

It can't really have gone up in price all that much, if any, has it?

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Misty Ridge Farm
Dairy heifers and dairy beef graziers