market-farming - RE: Quantities of beef cuts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Quantities of beef cuts
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 19:17:54 -0400

We have our steaks cut 1" as that pleases more of our customers. Some of
our round goes into ground. Sorry for the poor formatting, but I just
copied and pasted some info from one of my spreadsheets. I cannot say what
the differences may be between beef and dairy breeds. These are percentages
of packaged weights on an animal that yielded 38% of liveweight.

is this 38% yield a typo? Or am I misunderstaning? I thought expected yield was closer to 60% of live weight -Allan