market-farming - RE: Vehicles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: RE: Vehicles
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:45:07 -0400

Saukville had a dealer in the our county that closed up, that didn't bode
well. Its a tool bar type tractor that is very useful when cultivating multi
rows on raised beds, great for cultivating parsley and green onions. Most
farmers still use the AC-B, they are plentyful and parts are avaliable, there
have been other toolbar tractors over the years like the John Blue and the
Itialian imported Multi toolbar Tractor, all left farmers dry due to lack of
spare parts. I have seen the Salkville in action its a nice tractor for any
vegetable grower. The reason you don't see a major company building them is
due to the small market for them, thats why you don't see any new offset
tractors being built like the JD900HC...Bob.

>One:
>I've been semi-shopping for a high clearance tractor for years.  And
>haven't bought one yet.  Who has comments on good high clearance
>tractors?  Anyone have a Saukville?  They seem very expensive for what
>they are.

http://webmail.netscape.com/

  • Vehicles, Willie McKemie, 09/18/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Vehicles, HackettShark, 09/18/2002
    • RE: Vehicles, sunnfarm, 09/18/2002
    • Re: Vehicles, Chris Sawyer, 09/19/2002