market-farming - Vehicles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Vehicles
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 06:47:59 -0500

One:
I've been semi-shopping for a high clearance tractor for years. And
haven't bought one yet. Who has comments on good high clearance
tractors? Anyone have a Saukville? They seem very expensive for what
they are.

Two:
I have an number of aging Isuzu diesel pickups and am searching for
replacements. A couple of years ago, I bought a Dodge diesel and have
not been happy with it; too big, too bulky, not fuel efficient enough.
My ideal would be a 1/2 ton pickup or van with a ~2.5L turbo diesel or
a ~3L normally aspired diesel. Nothing seems to be available.
Apparently these types of vehicles are readily available in other parts
of the world, but not in the US. How about Canada? These for markets
and delivering produce. What are the rest of you all using?

--
Willie Onward! Through the fog!
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html