market-farming - cream of the crop

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: cream of the crop
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:50:52 -0400

Does anyone have experience with cream of the crop winter squash? I grew what I thought was going to be a few for me csa subscribers but it looks like there is a truck load the fields. I gave out a few to several subscribers last week to see what they thought. The initial returns are they taste 'somewhat similar to styrofoam'. Was this because the squash wasn't 'cured' or is there some special recipe for making them edible?

  • cream of the crop, Leigh Hauter, 09/18/2002