market-farming - Re: Early end to season

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Chris Sawyer <css AT ioa.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Early end to season
  • Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 05:36:46 -0500

Hi Bob,
We grow certified organic corn. I don't even try to fight the worms. We cut
the tips and the stores (wholesale) will buy it that way, at least so far
this year that has been our method. Our tailgate market customers have never
cared, but we tip it for them also. It makes it fast and easy for those
customers who must see the kernels to pick out their ears.

Chris