market-farming - processing wheat

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: processing wheat
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 17:44:44 -0500

Regards to the list:

OK, I am going to ask a question that probably shows my ignorance, but
here goes anyway.

We have about 30 acres of hard red wheat nearly ready to harvest. I
have found someone to combine it, but am still looking for storage. It
is grown the "O" word but we're not certified this year.

Does anyone have suggestions for cheap storage?

What does one have to do to wheat to prepare it for grinding for flour?

Marie in Missouri

  • processing wheat, Marie Kamphefner, 07/04/2002