market-farming - Re: Garlic Scapes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Kris Chand <kchand AT island.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Garlic Scapes
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 16:32:12 -0700

Sandra
Scapes are the shoots that will come up in the centre of the plant. The shoots
will curl and have a a flower (seeds) if not broken off after the curl makes
one full turn. They should be broken off for the garlic bulb to properly
mature
( something to do with the enzymes).
And there are no dumb questions; just dumb answers -sometimes !!!
Good luck
Kris
Blue Heron Farm