market-farming - Re: Using trellis netting?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Using trellis netting?
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 07:47:29 -0400

>Sorry to belabor this one, but what sort of twine are you using? I've
> purchased non-anti-fungal twine from Johnny's in the past to this
> use, but shipping it, etc was v. expensive. It's also very 'heavy
> guage.' Are you using something you can buy locally?

no problem Allan. Yes, I used local twine I got from a farm general store.
Though it is/was cheaper to get a larger spool, working alone, I found it
much faster to weave using smaller spools. A case of 500 rolls lasted me
forever (I prefer bush beans so only had to trellis cukes). Now I can't
remember how many feet were on the spools. lemme go find some records &
I'll get back to you!

Liz Pike