market-farming - Re: Peppers & Eggplant

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: Re: Peppers & Eggplant
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:37:11 -0400

Don't sucker pepper plants, they are perfectly able to produce extra large
fruit without suckering if you choose the right variety and space them at two
feet appart in the row, pepper plants need all the leaf cover they can get to
prevent sunscald which does more damage to peppers than insects and disease
combined... Bob.

>Sounds like we just might be staking peppers this year.
>
>Has anyone tried suckering peppers (like tomatoes)?  Does it help or hurt?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Tom

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/