market-farming - Peppers & Eggplant

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom Anslow" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Peppers & Eggplant
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 07:31:01 -0400

Hello,

We have heard others talk about staking peppers, but never have done it
ourselves. We do stake/trellis tomatoes (a stake between every other plant
and wrap string on each side of stakes). Are peppers done the same way?

Also, we will be growing oriental eggplant for the first time. Johnny's
mentioned staking them for straighter fruit. Same method as tomatoes?

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

Tom Anslow
Limerock Orchards and Roadside Market