market-farming - Re: Lies and Latest Animal Husbandry Tactic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: marc AT aculink.net
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Lies and Latest Animal Husbandry Tactic
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:52:22 -0700

Del Williams wrote:

> I'd be glad to make dinner recommendations anytime. How about pot roast
> tonite. Roast potatoes, carrots, corn, green beans. Buttermilk biscuits.
> Apple pie. Your wife is gonna start hating me. LOL

On the contrary Del! Sounds like a wonderful dinner menu -
and apple pie is Marc's favorite. I love cooking and
there's nothing like a little inspiration to get it going.
Hardest part for me is figuring out what to cook. I used to
think I'd like to have a B&B but I'm too much of an
introvert and then thought the best thing would be cooking
at a big ranch where you've got the same people (and not
different strangers in your home every day) all the time
filling up a huge long table piled with big bowls of food -
but I think one or two meals a day would be enough! Fresh
picked greens from the garden, pasture raised fried chicken,
homegrown potatoes smothered with thick gravy, tender new
asparagus, hot biscuits smothered with freshly churned
butter, and rhubarb cobbler - choice of cream or ice cream.
Whatever's in season - ya know? Just picked OR taken out of
the root cellar on a cold WINDY day like today. Actually,
it's not that cold for January (60 degrees), but that wind
sure is blowing!

Thanks Del!

Marcy Nameth