market-farming - Re: Lies and Latest Animal Husbandry Tactic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Lies and Latest Animal Husbandry Tactic
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:27:11 -0600

Marc.

I think that we are not so different.

YOU want to let them spray THAT close to my fenceline?!

Extremists do not find themselves interested in negotiation. And sometimes,
values make negotiation impossible. (Let's consider abortion, for example.
No let's not.)

I think that for whatever the issue, it is a matter of finding a common
bridge. Not possible in all cases. For the PETA people, well, how do you
tell them that 'murdering' animals is OK? Somebody had to eat.?

You and I imagine a bridge - somehow - between these views. What of these
people? How
do you build that bridge and motivate them to put the first brick in the
bridge?

If you can justify eating animals (they taste good, provide nutritious
sustenance), how do
you explain that to a vegan? No, no. How do you persuade a vegan to accept
that? Same for the folks behind PETA. How, in the world would they
persuade you?

Del Williams
Farmer in the "Del"
Clifton, IL ...

... Who ended up eating Salmon steaks instead of beef today. But found that
sour cream and horseradish tastes just as good with salmon as it does with
beef.
mmmmm