market-farming - Re: Lies and Latest Animal Husbandry Tactic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: marc AT aculink.net
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Lies and Latest Animal Husbandry Tactic
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:05:44 -0700

Those damn herbicides and pesticide make me see red!!

It's like someone has a right to use them BUT you don't have
a right to eat what you want and they can trample on you
farm with their pollution.

I'm glad we don't have the county guys as they are not
afraid to use full strength and beyond when they do the
weeds along the road. The commercial guys are worried about
profit so I like that cause they will take it easy and maybe
even cheat and over dilute. Works fer me.

I still think chemical applicators should be well vulnerable
to tresspass and criminal poisoning laws.

If you want to be organically certified I think that is your
right. GM may be OK but it doesn't matter as I think you
have rights to be non GM if you want. I don't really care as
I am non organic and the GM is no big deal to me but there's
an old saying about the camel getting his nose under the
tent.

The worst case scenario I'd like to see is a 10 to 15 foot
MAXIMUM buffer from the fence line. Smaller farms would have
less - lets say 5 feet. No tolerance - kinda like pushing
the speed limit.

If the technology cannot hack the limit then we don't do it.

(Hmmm... guess I agree, Del.)

marc