market-farming - Re: Dock in pasture

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Miranda Smith <miranda3 AT optonline.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Dock in pasture
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:28:14 -0400

It took the whole season. No, I couldn't grow anything there. What happened
was that I read that the only way to get rid of thistles (another of my
favorite plants!) was to mow repeatedly. So I tried with the dock and it
worked. The next spring, there were a few plants--where there had been
hundreds. I kept cutting the tops off those and then they were gone too. I
think this will work with comfrey, too.

Good luck--it's well worth the battle.

Miranda