market-farming - Re: Dock in pasture

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Ron Malor <rmalor AT bigpond.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Dock in pasture
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 20:40:36 +1100

Hi All,

Many thanks to those who replied to my posting. Much appreciated. Unfortunately the dock species which are giving me a pain are Swamp Dock (Rumex brownii) and Mud Dock (Rumex bidens), neither of which, as far as I can ascertain have any potential commercial use. As they infest, to a greater or lesser degree, about 65 acres some of the control measures suggested are not really practicable. Am going to try intensive strip grazing with goats and see if they will get stuck into it and the thistles. Hopefully in preference to the grass and clovers. many thanks again.

Regards,
Ron...

You are currently subscribed to as: rmalor AT bigpond.com
leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

Ron Malor

'Redbank Grazing'
Mole Creek
Northern Tasmania