market-farming - Re: "Minor" subdivisions of land

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: maroc AT islandnet.com (Maroc)
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: "Minor" subdivisions of land
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:06:12 +0000

Sorry Liz, excuse my clumsy exclusion of working horses but that wasn't
what I had in mind. In this case I'd be refering to race horses or
hunter-jumpers, etc. (oops, that's likely to get me into trouble too). For
the purposes of establishing farm status for property tax in British
Columbia horses are don't count. I a few people who complain bitterly
about this, but I have a friend with a team of working mules who has no
problem with it. In the end I think farming produces food and fibre, etc.,
and is not just a measure of how sore your back is.

Don Maroc