market-farming - Re: "Minor" subdivisions of land

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: "Minor" subdivisions of land
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:26:41 -0700

I live in Kelowna, BC, on what is called the wine route, just down the road from our home is the Bennett estate home, the original home of our social leader. About a 1/2 hour drive from our home is another of several properties owned by the Bennett family. This property was under the ALR up until 2 - 3 years ago when it was removed from ALR to be sold to Western Star for expansion - and an exchange of property to the Bennett's was agreed upon. Western Star ended up being sold to an Ontario company that was to our understanding affiliated with the US. Now prime ALR land has become commercial land, unfortunately even our regulations for agriculture don't stick if you know the right people.

This can give you a bit of historical info on our Agriculture Land Commission: Stakes in the Ground: Provincial Interest in ... http://www.agf.gov.bc.ca/polleg/quayle/append_b.htm