market-farming - Re: "Minor" subdivisions of land

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: "Minor" subdivisions of land
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 08:18:27 -0500

Sue,
I would maintain that letting most of the lot grow into "weeds" is
beneficial. And if they let the entire lot grow into "weeds", it would be
more beneficial than having any in lawn.

And depending on what is grown and how it is grown, production-wise,
"weeds" might be more benficial there too.

I know I have been trying to readjust my idea of what looks good. It
used to look good to me to see plowed fields all winter until I learned
about soil erosion, etc. It still looks good to me to see mowed lawns, and
I know how destructive they are - I still have some learning to do there.
It used to look good to me to see gardens with no "weeds" whatsoever in
them, but since then I have learned the benefits to the garden and other
life to have plenty of "weeds" around.
Jill, who is contemplating
turning her lawn into other things, but needs to talk with her husband