market-farming - Re: Hillbilly tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "William McKay" <bmckay55 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Hillbilly tomatoes
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 10:12:01

A question. Are you are growing other tomato varieties and are the Hillbilly the only ones so affected? If so, it would rule out the typical reasons for blossom end rot. You may have something seed borne.

I have grown Hillbilly in the past, and although they drove me crazy with their shy production and virtual inability to transport them with out bruising them, BER was never a problem.

Regards

Bill McKay at growitalian.com

Good morning -- This is our first year growing Hillbilly tomatoes. We are
having terrible problems with blossom end rot. Is BER typically a problem
with this variety? Any thoughts? Thanks! -- Tom

Bill McKay in E. Massachusetts and www.growitalian.com Distributor of Italian Vegetable Seeds from Franchi Sementi, spa, Bergamo, Italy. Seedsmen since 1783.