market-farming - Re: losing chickens, feeding too much?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT marketfarming.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: losing chickens, feeding too much?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:27:12 -0400

I'd contact my extension agent.  We have pathologists available to us here through our ex agents.   We had an autopsy done on one chicken who died from unknown reasons.  The stupid chicken had simply over eaten grass without enough grit even though she was free ranged outside on 2 acres

As for eating too much or too little, I've never known chickens to do that.

Liz Pike
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield NC
http://www.laughingbrookfarm.com/