market-farming - broccoli

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: broccoli
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 20:43:40 -0500

Title: broccoli
It would appear that my broccoli will not be setting heads of any kind – is this what is called “buttoning up”?  And will these healthy looking plants set heads this fall if I just leave them or do I need to restart them?  I’m sure they got really screwed up since we had such an early heat spell and cool weather following but it kills me to see those plants sitting there without one sign of a head!

joan
windwalker farm
ottawa, kansas