market-farming - Re: Electric Poultry fencing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Electric Poultry fencing
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 20:43:36 -0500

Hi Leigh - this gives me an opportunity to ask a question I've been to post
on the list for a long time - how do you keep your chickens from flying over
the fencing or flying onto the top and then flying off. We use the electric
netting for the sheep and the chickens walk right through the sheep fencing
- doesn't seem to faze them. I've wanted to be able to put up portable
fencing for the chickens because I have to keep them more confined in the
summer since they will wreck the gardens but never could figure out how they
stay in there. And we do clip wings every year but it doesn't seem to keep
them from some flying.

joan
windwalker farm
ottawa, kansas