market-farming - Re: New Farmer's Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kane, Tracy" <TKane AT peacehealth.org>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: New Farmer's Market
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 19:14:35 -0700

Title: RE: [market-farming] Re: New Farmer's Market

Hi Joan, I'm new to both actually. I've always had a garden, and in the last 10 years have "made the switch", and now my husband and I are growing on 10 acres here in Oregon, and want to get bigger and better..We just started our 2nd season with a group of other "like-minded" folks, growers & crafters, with a farmers market here in Cottage Grove. We're doing twice as well as last year, so this is very inspiring..A few issues with the local Chamber of Commerce, but overall, their very supportive..But, I want to work on the finer aspects of marketing our produce, such as the display and advertisement. I would also like to educate myself to help ensure this market succeeds, as far as dealing with the local goverment, and all the variables involved..Thanks for your reply, it's appreciated.. I trust all is well on your end of the world, growing wise..Thanks again..Tracy Kane from "everyday organics"..